We are looking for a
Product Manager, Linear Motion Solutions, EMEA & APAC (m/f/d)
As the Product Manager, linear motion solutions, for Columbus McKinnon’s Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions, you will be responsible for owning and managing the linear motion product portfolio and the product Strategy throughout its life cycle. Main Responsibilities include the definition and communication of the Unique Value Proposition for existing and new products; Understanding the trends of the targeted segments; Uncovering customer’s needs and the customer willingness to pay; Pricing of the new products. The Product Manager will have an intimate understanding of market drivers from the perspective of the end-user and channel partner with an emphasis on future trends in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and prioritize market opportunities for profitable growth. Develop and launch appropriate programs to take advantage of those opportunities. Update 3–5-year product roadmap on a regular basis.
- Specify & prioritize requirements for new products (features, cost, etc.), determine in coordination with the sales department the targeted sales forecast and initiate development activities.
- Launch new products, incorporating appropriate marketing communication, advertising, promotional, and training activities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate pricing relationships (list prices) between products and product lines based on market value and positioning.
- Continually update the product portfolio and position products in support of the overall brand strategy.
- Analyze margins and initiate appropriate actions to improve as required (Drive a strong VA/VE program, cost reduction in manufacturing, alternative sourcing, etc.).
- Provide technical information/training for internal (training coordinator, outside sales, customer service, etc.) and external customers.
- Participate in trade shows, customer training seminars, etc.
- Support geographic expansion by understanding local needs, technical specifications, competitors, pricing, etc.
- Work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, logistics, and other organizations to evaluate and provide direction on sourcing changes.
- Participate in technical committees and trade associations that establish technical/functional/safety standards for the corresponding products.
- Coordinate/facilitate product-related communications between functions such as sales, customer service, pricing/quotations, engineering, manufacturing, and finance.
- Compile competitive data and work with marketing communications to create materials that highlight features/benefits of CMCO products versus the competition (Unique Value Proposition).
- Systematically prune old/obsolete products, incorporating activities to minimize excess/obsolete inventory and maximize conversion to newer products.
- Perform competition and position analysis at least 2 times per year
- Understand the trend of the targeted segments
- Meet regularly with customers to understand the customers' values and the value chain.
- Reveal the customers' needs and the customers' willingness to pay.
- Manage VoC methods to determine high-value problems to be solved: Quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Manage the specification’s changes and renouncements.
- Engineering Degree required.
- MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant product marketing and/or product management experience. Including experience in Voice of the Customer and Portfolio Management (Product Life Cycle Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with executive management, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Take ownership of products and associated programs and increase sales
- Ability to drive projects to completion, especially when dependent on cross-functional team members
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Able to execute assignments in a timely manner
- Superior communications and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once; must show ownership of responsibilities and follow through to completion.
- Sensitive to issues of confidentially
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- high English proficiency (Read, Write, Speak)
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with direct reports, peers, and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment
- Develops a strategic business growth plan, implements the necessary changes to growth the business, achieves the corresponding growth, VA/VE targets, and ensures compliance with codes and standards
- Prioritizes NPD projects and align priorities with Business Units
- Prepares and monitors Product launch requirements
- Develops Pricing targets for new Products, ensures product compliance with all state and federal regulations for all the regions of responsibility
We offer you a varied and multi-layered field of activity in a company that combines the flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths of a medium-sized company with the opportunities of an international technology group. Not only the task, but also an attractive working environment, performance-oriented remuneration and likeable colleagues should motivate you to apply. We will accompany your continuous development with individual familiarization plans and customized training. We are happy for you to take on responsibility right from the start and grow with your tasks.
Is this the challenge you are looking for?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your questions will be answered by Guido Scharch +49173/2761911.