About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard-working company for over 140 years – proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we’re going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally – to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, of any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free Workplace.
For one of our locations in Wuppertal, Kissing or Künzelsau we are looking for you as a
EMEA Manager Environmental Health & Safety (m/w/d)
Position Overview: The EMEA Manager, Environmental Health & Safety will deploy and develop global policies in accordance with regional regulations and programs to drive a culture of safety throughout the organization. Establish and implement regional EHS goals and objectives in partnership with Operations leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and continuously improve the Regional EHS initiative to develop standardized programs, procedures and expectations at all CMCO operating sites in EMEA understanding Regional EHS legal requirements and incorporating EHS best practices from across the company.
- Lead a risk-based approach to EHS by providing risk assessment tools, training, guidance and support to the organization.
- Provide strategic EHS support and analysis to the business acquisition team. Assist with new business acquisition immersion activities. (i.e. risk review, insurance, site audits, programs, procedures, etc.).
- Work with the CMCO leadership team to develop and continuously improve Leading EHS KPI metrics to ensure proper focus and program direction is attained.
- Provide technical support on matter of compliance and other related risk management topics.
- Support Operations in the goal to achieve and maintain an injury free work environment. No job or activity is worth risking injury. With the correct processes and training all injuries, illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable.
- Provide EHS management system framework and programs to grow an overall CMCO culture that can recognize, evaluate and control environmental, health & safety concerns.
- Research and respond to EHS requirements imposed by internal and external customers.
- Oversee property inspection process and serve as liaison with property insurer.
- Continuous efforts to communicate grow and improve the EHS management system.
- Ensure that CMCO regional leadership maintains a high level of professional integrity with regards to EHS topics and management.
- Direct, lead and motivate the Regional team with regards to EHS initiatives, strategic planning and development.
- Strive to cultivate a culture where EHS is led by senior management, implemented by each level of leadership, with each level accountable to the one above and responsible for the one below.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
- Exceptional ability to develop positive relationships and lead through influence with internal partners, build consensus and prioritize action and results.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation, strong written and oral communications skills, and strong business acumen.
- Deep technical expertise and a demonstrated understanding of best practice in EHS.
- Exceptional project management skills. Ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute methodically on tactical projects. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- A self-starter who over-indexes on ownership and accountability with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced and rapidly changing.
- Strong data analysis and analytical skills with the ability to propose data-driven solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline.
- Previous team leader experience, preferably a distributed workforce.
- 10+ years’ experience in a corporate environment with direct experience developing and implementing EHS programs.
- Able to travel 30-40% domestically.
We offer you a varied and multi-layered field of activity in a company that combines the flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths of a medium-sized company with the opportunities of an international technology group. Not only the task, but also an attractive working environment, performance-oriented remuneration and friendly colleagues should motivate you to apply. We will accompany your continuous development with individual familiarization plans and customized training. We are happy if you want to take on responsibility right from the start and grow with your tasks.
Is this the challenge you are looking for?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete application documents, including details of your availability and earning expectations, ideally by e-mail to email@example.com.
You can also find more information about our company here.