Choose Your Region and Language
world-map-na
North America
English
Additional Websites:
Canada (FR)
world-map-la-north
Latin America - North
English
Additional Websites:
America Latina (ES)
world-map-la-south
Latin America - South
English
Additional Websites:
America Latina (ES) Brasil (PT)
world-map-apac
APAC
English
Additional Websites:
中国 (中文)
world-map-ausnz
Australia
English
Choose Your Region and Language
world-map-na
North America
English
Additional Websites:
Canada (FR)
world-map-la-north
Latin America - North
English
Additional Websites:
America Latina (ES)
world-map-la-south
Latin America - South
English
Additional Websites:
America Latina (ES) Brasil (PT)
world-map-apac
APAC
English
Additional Websites:
中国 (中文)
world-map-ausnz
Australia
English
hi_038_1954_m

The development of the company

1876 Rafael Stahl and Gustav Weineck found the mechanical workshop in Stuttgart.
1880 After gustav Weineck's death, Rafael Stahl founds a circular knitting machine factory with Wilhelm Stücklen.
1886 Rafael Stahl becomes economically independent and builds his own factory building, the R. STAHL Rundstuhlfabrik Stuttgart.
1890 His sons Karl and Rafael Stahl join the company.
1893 Rafael Stahl Jr. is a trained technician and his enthusiasm is for hoists and iron constructions. He designs and builds the first manual elevator.
1898 The age of conveyor technology finally begins with the first large, electric overhead crane.
1926 R. STAHL was the first manufacturer to develop and produce the first explosion-proof electrical devices and for a long time remained one of the few suppliers of explosion-proof hoists in Germany.
1944 Production is relocated to Künzelsau.
1954 The company is divided into two independent divisions: conveyor technology and explosion protection.
1963 Relocation of the Conveyor Technology Division to the Hofratsmühle plant in Künzelsau.
1979 The company focuses on growth. The first subsidiary in the USA marks the beginning of a global orientation.
1982 The conveyor technology division is spun off from R. STAHL GmbH & Co. KG. R. STAHL Fördertechnik GmbH, based in Stuttgart, is founded.
1993 The company headquarters are moved to Künzelsau.
  R. STAHL GmbH & Co. KG is converted into a stock corporation and has been listed on the stock exchange since 1997.
2001 Relocation of the Explosion Protection Division to Waldenburg.
2005 R. STAHL AG sells the Conveyor Technology division to konecranes AG, Finland.
  The premium brand STAHL CraneSystems with a complete range of lifting and crane components and products is created.
2009 STAHL CraneSystems specialises in the development and construction of high-quality hoists and crane components and is withdrawing from crane construction.
  Establishment of the expert network and certification of the first crane construction companies as "Partner of STAHL CraneSystems".
2012 The Hofratsmühle site celebrates its 50th anniversary.
2017 The premium brand STAHL CraneSystems becomes part of Columbus McKinnon Corporation, USA.