Columbus McKinnon Adds Magnetek® Flex Duo™ Radio Remote Control to STAHL CraneSystems® Portfolio
True Two-Button Radio Remote Control System Improves Facility and Operator Safety
Marine Terminals |
Power & Motion Technology |
By Columbus McKinnon |
Mar 10, 2022
As part of Columbus McKinnon's efforts to combine the industry-leading features and capabilities of its STAHL CraneSystems® and Magnetek® brands, we have added the Flex Duo™ radio remote controls to the STAHL CraneSystems product portfolio. Flex Duo is a true two-button, handheld radio remote control system built specifically for single-motion applications, such as hoists, boat lifts, trailers, pumps, and more. The Flex Duo is designed for dual-direction motion such as up/down, forward/backward, or in/out.
Other two-button transmitters are often scaled-down versions of larger systems that include blocked-out buttons. As a true two-button transmitter, the Flex Duo is designed to be lightweight and is comfortably contoured to fit in the palm of an operator’s hand with the same high-quality construction as other Magnetek Flex radio remote controls.
- Increased facility safety
- Gives operators freedom of movement and better visibility by shifting the vantage points when controlling equipment, allowing them to manage motions further away from a potentially hazardous situation as compared to using a pendant
- Ergonomic design reduces fatigue on operators’ hands and allows for continued accurate control of equipment, helping to maintain safe operations throughout a shift.
- Designed to work together for optimal performance, the Flex Duo helps provide accuracy, precision, and ergonomic control for lifting and positioning applications.
Benefits of Integrating Flex Duo with STAHL CraneSystems Chain and Wire Rope Hoists
- Simple integration with select STAHL CraneSystems chain and wire rope hoists increases capabilities for material handling, industrial, and other applications
- Easy ordering through the same channels as STAHL CraneSystems hoists
- Better positioning capabilities for operator visibility and safety, as well as extended lives of machines and hydraulic components
- True two-button operation with a lightweight and comfortably contoured design to fit in the palm of an operator's hands
- E-stop that puts the radio system into a safe state in an emergency situation
Download Product Documents