Little Mule Unveils Improved Lineman's Strap Hoist
The Popular Little Mule 322C and 344C Strap Hoists Offer New Features for Safety & Efficiency
Power and Utilities |
Hoisting & Lifting Equipment |
Industry News |
Oct 14, 2020
The Little Mule 322C and 344C Lineman's Strap Hoists have been redesigned to be safer and easier to use for utility workers.
The models feature a new shaft with easier access to the directional control lever, especially with a gloved hand, to ensure safe and efficient use.
A new, thinner hook side profile and tip allow for easier engagement with wire grip eyes and older style dead-end shoes. The new hooks fit wire grips more securely and will easily interchange with the hoists currently in use in the field.
What Can Users Expect?
- Non-conductive fiberglass handle with polyester webbing increases safety for hot line handling techniques (some models available with hot stick ring on handle)
- Easy access directional lever, easy to access with gloved hand and hot stick compatible
- Overload feature: solid fiberglass handle, with replaceable tips, bends to alert the operator of a possible overload
- Positive load holding with double interlocking pawls
- Safe design features thumbscrews used to secure the handle that are pegged and cannot be backed out. Competitors use butterfly nuts that can cause the handle to come loose, adding risk to any application
- Easy load positioning with a double pawl system, this multiple pawl stops for precise load adjustment
- Open design allowing for easy inspection and cleaning
- Lightweight and rugged with cast aluminum frames and corrosion-resistant stainless steel springs and frame shafts – roller shafts are stainless steel plated, all rotating shafts are mounted on bronze bushings for reduced wear
- Easy to operate: self-storing web drum provides compact operation and non-conductive winding wheel is provided for quick take-up or positioning of slack webbing – easily removable sheave block with a quick-disconnect design allows for the hoist to be converted for double or single-line use
- Meets or exceeds 4:1 design factor and all requirements of
ASME/ANSI Standard B-30.21, all units are tested at 125% of the rated load
- Lifetime warranty
- Hook Options:
- Standard Hook with Safety Latch
- Hot Stick Ring Hook with Safety Latch
- Standard Hook with Heavy-Duty Swivel Gate Latch
- Hot Stick Ring Hook with Hot Stick Ring Safety Latch